POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Greek sword : Re: Greek sword Server Time
31 Jul 2024 02:25:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Greek sword
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 9 Jan 2011 11:05:01
Message: <web.4d29dbd68d4ff9371df6284f0@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <tDOTdegroot@interDOTnlANOTHERDOTnet> wrote:
> Those swords look like archaic ones, maybe Messinian. I am not sure. Are
> they well-forged copies? or authentic ones? In the last case, I wonder how
> they got hold of them....
>
> Thomas

The company claims to sell authentic pieces (some items are priced in the tens
of thousands of dollars). The items I bought appeared so authentic that the
effort to construct such high quality fakes would have made them even more
expensive than originals. I believe they are actual artifacts. I've seen
numerous museum pieces to compare them to as well. At one time when I was
attending college the Ramses exhibit was on display in a building within walking
distance from my dormitory and I saw it several times.

Regards,
Dave Blandston